User: 
Pass: 

Streets of Rage 2

Page: < 1 2
AuthorMessage

Salsa
Posted: 19 Sep, 2018 08:14
Last Edit: 19 Sep, 2018 08:17
I've also planned to work on revision (for a long time) at some point, but my plan include remodelling of the old set (including few demotions eventually) and replacing the incons of the old achievements. Don't want to keep you away, just pointing it out.

Mutawarrior
Posted: 19 Sep, 2018 09:11
@JAM I think at this point it would probably be best if these are instead added to a Bonus set for SoR2 so that the proper point values can be proportioned. Plus many people who got the 200% already won't have to spend time re-earning that but can get more points by doing the Bonus set.

Evilman
Posted: 29 Nov, 2018 17:59
For some reason, "beat stage 7" and "beat stage 8" didn't work for me, I completed the game on 2 players mode without loosing a single credit (Player 1), not sure why it didn't work... All the rest worked without problem. Genesis Plus GX Core on Retroarch used.

About the planned new achievements, interested for most of them, but about "Defeat X without losing life", do you meaning not getting hit at all ? If so, it's super restrictive and way more difficult than all the other achievements actually available. For Boss 1 or 2 it's not long to retry, but making your way to Shiva and loosing this because of a random hit seems awfully unfair on Hardcore mode... Just my opinion.

JAM
Posted: 11 Mar, 2019 01:27
Update to the plans. Nothing is changed. Will try to finish revision this month.

About "deteat without losing a life" I mean deathless, not damageless.

guddentehpwner
Posted: 15 Mar, 2019 20:33
In my opinion, being able to clear any stage on Mania with 0 lives lost is a tall order. The achievement for beating Mania with all lives and continues, I'd really love though. Along with the rest of your planned revision would also be great.

Mutawarrior
Posted: 15 Mar, 2019 21:29
The first 2 stages are possible. Anything beyond that forget it. Mania in SoR2 is a bullshit level difficulty. Any difficulty where you HAVE TO despawn certain enemies (Jet clones), which requires memorizing pixel specific spots, to be able to beat the game (I don't & will never jack up the lives to 9; most I've done is 5 and still didn't beat it with 5) is broken and should not have core achievements for beating it. Bonus yes, core no. Good luck to beating Stage 7 without dying. That's hard even in normal, let alone Mania. I know there's a way to break the game by using Max & Skate in 2P mode, but as far as 1P it's just ridiculous and I'm at least a 25 year veteran of the game. Furthest I've gotten in Mania was Shiva with 3 starting lives and that was only once (never was able to do it again).

SoR1 which is a lot harder than SoR2 in general has a much more fair Mania mode that I beat once a long time ago.

guddentehpwner
Posted: 15 Mar, 2019 22:22
Yeah Mutawarrior I agree the first 2 stages and even third are easier than the other 5 on Mania. Very impressive you reached the end with lives set to 3, I only won with 9. I'm not opposed to a bonus set at all, that would be cool.

Nightstorm
Posted: 14 May, 2019 19:07
Last Edit: 14 May, 2019 19:14
Hello everyone! I wanna request Bonus-pack for this game. Because achievements is hard and almost all of them for Mania difficulty.
If you a developer and want to work with me and create this Bonus-set please send me PM and we talk about it (because I can do a savestates for you. Doing achievements without knowledge about this game on Mania even with savestates it's a pain. And I can do some icons for you too). Also I wanna know what some players think about my ideas.
Clear Stage 1 on Mania
Clear Stage 2 on Mania (Stage select not allowed)
Clear Stage 3 on Mania (Stage select not allowed)
Clear Stage 4 on Mania (Stage select not allowed)
Clear Stage 5 on Mania (Stage select not allowed)
Clear Stage 6 on Mania (Stage select not allowed)
Clear Stage 7 on Mania (Stage select not allowed)
Clear Stage 8 on Mania (Stage select not allowed)
Beat the game on Mania starting with 9 lives (you can use continues)
Beat the game on Mania starting with 5 lives (you can use continues)
Beat the game on Mania starting with 3 lives (you can use continues)
Beat the game on Mania starting with 1 life (you can use continues)
Start game on Mania with 1 life and reach stage 7-2 (elevator) without losing continue
Beat Stage 1, 2, 3, 4-1, 4-2 in a row without dying on Mania
Start Stage 5 and reach 5-3 then kill 3 Jets without dying (Mania, you can use Stage select)
Beat the Barbon without trigger any Signals (Mania) -- I need to test it I think it's possible but not sure
Beat the Jet (Stage 2) without trigger other enemies (Donovans and second Jet) you can use Stage select
Reach Zamza's area and beat him on Mania without losing life (you can use Stage select)
Reach Abedede's area and beat him on Mania without losing life (you can use Stage select)
Go to the R.Bear's area and beat him without losing life (Mania, Health-refill allowed, you can use Stage select)
Go to the R.Bear's area and beat him without losing life when holding the sword (Mania, Health-refill allowed, you can use Stage select)
Beat 6-1 on Mania without dying (you can use level select)
Beat 6-2 on Mania without dying (you can use level select) (I separate this stage on 2 achievements because player can lose a life easelly in both sub-levels on Mania)
Beat Souther (Stage 6) without trigger Jets on Mania (you can use Stage select)
Do a no-death run on Normal difficulty
Finish the game on Hard difficulty with 9+ (9 or more) lives (start with 1)
Start the game on Hardest difficulty with 1 life and beat the game without losing continue
Defeat robots (Stage 7) on Mania without taking damage (you can use Stage select)
Don't lose a life (Stage 8-1) on Mania (you can use Stage select)
Beat Shiva without taking damage on Normal (you can use Stage select) I know the strat, but anyway -- should need to test
Get 999 999 points (should need to test I've seen on YouTube some people can reach this count but I don't sure that always happening or not)
Speedrun achievements for all stages on Normal difficulty (need to test and find optimal time. Achievement-set that I request is hard but I don't want put here goals which only few speedruners can do. You need just finish stages fast enough with minimum mistakes)
Speedrun leaderbord for all difficulties will be great (it's should start tracking time when player can move the character on Stage 1 and it should stop when "Stage 8 clear" appears)
Maybe need to do achievement for beating elevator on Stage 4 with 0 deaths on Mania, but it's very hard even for players who have skills on this difficulty. Who knows -- maybe I'll invent even more achievemets for Bonus-set but now I like how my list looks.
Page: < 1 2

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account