User: 
Pass: 

Streets of Rage 2

Page: < 1 2
AuthorMessage

Salsa
Posted: 19 Sep, 2018 08:14
Last Edit: 19 Sep, 2018 08:17
I've also planned to work on revision (for a long time) at some point, but my plan include remodelling of the old set (including few demotions eventually) and replacing the incons of the old achievements. Don't want to keep you away, just pointing it out.

Mutawarrior
Posted: 19 Sep, 2018 09:11
@JAM I think at this point it would probably be best if these are instead added to a Bonus set for SoR2 so that the proper point values can be proportioned. Plus many people who got the 200% already won't have to spend time re-earning that but can get more points by doing the Bonus set.

Evilman
Posted: 29 Nov, 2018 17:59
For some reason, "beat stage 7" and "beat stage 8" didn't work for me, I completed the game on 2 players mode without loosing a single credit (Player 1), not sure why it didn't work... All the rest worked without problem. Genesis Plus GX Core on Retroarch used.

About the planned new achievements, interested for most of them, but about "Defeat X without losing life", do you meaning not getting hit at all ? If so, it's super restrictive and way more difficult than all the other achievements actually available. For Boss 1 or 2 it's not long to retry, but making your way to Shiva and loosing this because of a random hit seems awfully unfair on Hardcore mode... Just my opinion.

JAM
Posted: 11 Mar, 2019 01:27
Update to the plans. Nothing is changed. Will try to finish revision this month.

About "deteat without losing a life" I mean deathless, not damageless.

guddentehpwner
Posted: 15 Mar, 2019 20:33
In my opinion, being able to clear any stage on Mania with 0 lives lost is a tall order. The achievement for beating Mania with all lives and continues, I'd really love though. Along with the rest of your planned revision would also be great.

Mutawarrior
Posted: 15 Mar, 2019 21:29
The first 2 stages are possible. Anything beyond that forget it. Mania in SoR2 is a bullshit level difficulty. Any difficulty where you HAVE TO despawn certain enemies (Jet clones), which requires memorizing pixel specific spots, to be able to beat the game (I don't & will never jack up the lives to 9; most I've done is 5 and still didn't beat it with 5) is broken and should not have core achievements for beating it. Bonus yes, core no. Good luck to beating Stage 7 without dying. That's hard even in normal, let alone Mania. I know there's a way to break the game by using Max & Skate in 2P mode, but as far as 1P it's just ridiculous and I'm at least a 25 year veteran of the game. Furthest I've gotten in Mania was Shiva with 3 starting lives and that was only once (never was able to do it again).

SoR1 which is a lot harder than SoR2 in general has a much more fair Mania mode that I beat once a long time ago.

guddentehpwner
Posted: 15 Mar, 2019 22:22
Yeah Mutawarrior I agree the first 2 stages and even third are easier than the other 5 on Mania. Very impressive you reached the end with lives set to 3, I only won with 9. I'm not opposed to a bonus set at all, that would be cool.
Page: < 1 2

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account