Resources:
GameFAQs
Longplay
Wikipedia

Posted: 31 Jul, 2020 10:27
I will claim this set

Posted: 31 Jul, 2020 14:05
Last Edit: 31 Jul, 2020 14:21
Are you going to make achievements for this game?
If yes, then good luck!
If not, I was going to claim this one like rn hehe. But of course you got to it first

Posted: 31 Jul, 2020 14:11
Last Edit: 31 Jul, 2020 14:14
This would probably be a hard set for a newbie to work on. It's not recommended to work on a rom hack as your first set.

Posted: 31 Jul, 2020 22:27
If you guys find you're more capable and swift with cheevo making I have no problem resigning the set. I started yesterday with the Icons if you'd like them and intended on a pretty basic set of cheevos like one of them is:

"Exotic Local Shields" - Purchase the Hylian Shield from the shop
"Found Thy Nut" - Obtain Deku Nuts

Those are all I have currently.

Posted: 31 Jul, 2020 23:15
I didn't mean it that way. Haha I'm not very interested in making the set.

Just saying it might be tough cause it's a hack. The code can be janky. Speaking from experience.

Posted: 31 Jul, 2020 23:38
You're 100 percent right, a whole lot of scrolling within the code has been fun to try and find value changes, let me tell you.

Posted: 31 Jul, 2020 23:56
I didn't wanted to sit idle while you were working on the game so I just claimed another oot hack. I can currently only claim one set, so even if you resigned it'll have to wait until I'm done with the other set. I already have some experience with oot hacks so I was going to try and push for this set to be done quickly just like the missing link. That is not to say that I want you to give it up but I do have to say a few things.

The achievements ideas you have are good, having basic achievements its pretty much mandatory, but this is a long, elaborate hack, to do it justice you have to make some achievements with mild and difficult challenges, and also some miscellaneous stuff

Seems like you enjoy making badges and icons, if so you could just wait until I'm done with the set I'm claimed, and I'll happily take care of the coding of the achievements themselves while you provide the art.

Then again if you want to try developing the set yourself that it's also fine. Just keep in mind what I said

Posted: 31 Jul, 2020 23:58
Last Edit: 01 Aug, 2020 00:00
Pelouch if you'd like to claim this set I will let you, this is proving more jarring than I expected and I am new to this. If you'd like though I can finish up my Icon set to be used if you have not made one.

(Edit: whoops I had not noticed your post with my reply. I will relinquish this set to you when you are ready and will finish up my Icon set for when you are ready)

Posted: 01 Aug, 2020 00:07
Last Edit: 01 Aug, 2020 00:08
You might as well keep working on it. Get what you can done. Learn.

It's pretty amusing you were both having the icon idea at the same time.

Posted: 01 Aug, 2020 00:09
I appreciate it, I'll try to make the nimpize set as fast as possible then. Your icons will help out a lot I can assure you, that always gives me trouble since I'm not very artistic myself :(.

Bear in mind if you do want to develop new sets it's better to start out with smaller games so you can learn the basics

Posted: 01 Aug, 2020 00:51
Yeah I figure after trying this out I should start small indefinitely for the learning curve.

By the way could you guys (and anyone else) give an opinion on my Icons so far. I am thinking critically about my choice of background and am feeling I should be more diverse with it.

Posted: 01 Aug, 2020 01:11
I actually really like those icons.

Posted: 01 Aug, 2020 01:59
I think they're fine but as I said, I'm not very artistically minded, I didn't really diversify all that much with the missing link so I can't complain, and I'll also have to play the game a bit more before I know if they fit. If you need inspiration I suggest checking out the dawn & dusk set(and you also might want to give it a go)

Posted: 01 Aug, 2020 02:51
Those are actually very nice. I'll try to do a little better with the backgrounds of mine. When the time comes i'll send variations for each one. I have played it a good bit and there is so much potential achievement-wise. So far I wrote up 13 achievements with two of them being a little more hidden than the basic ones (Obtaining items, gold skulltulas, etc.)
Page: 1 2 >

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account