login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 

Super Mario Land

Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
AuthorMessage

BleuSkie
Posted: 06 May, 2019 19:48
It takes what, 5 minutes in between attempts? Is it really that big of an issue that needs fixing? With the checkpoints putting you in odd places and the need to have a mushroom, I don't see how that helps tbh.

And congrats @Jaytwelve. I knew you'd get there.

Jaytwelve
Posted: 06 May, 2019 20:01
Thanks BleuSkie. :) Hope you get it on hardcore as soon as possible.)

Scott
Posted: 07 May, 2019 18:23
Achievements aren't supposed to be *this* frustrating, definitely. Let's replace it or change the requirements. It's an unwelcome difficulty spike IMO. I originally made it when hardcore mode didn't exist, so I think I expected people to use save States. This was 5 years ago btw lol

Scott
Posted: 07 May, 2019 18:23
Last Edit: 07 May, 2019 18:24
Edit: 502 on submit? Yuck

monkeytoung
Posted: 07 May, 2019 19:11
I think its fine let the difficulty be there not everything needs to be easy

SporyTike
Posted: 07 May, 2019 19:34
Currently there is a "revision-voting" on the Discord server to increase the time by 5 seconds.

BleuSkie
Posted: 07 May, 2019 22:30
My vote would be to keep it as is. As far as hard achievements go, it wouldn't be very high on the list tbh. Potentially frustrating and time consuming, most definitely... but not overly difficult. Fastest time possible is around the mid 60s from my practice runs.

I know nothing about discord. I did join to take a look, but didn't see a vote shrug.

And hopefully @Jaytwelve :P I'll probably just get it done tonight. It shouldn't take too many more tries. Already know the level well enough, but I have been choking so hard lol.

MagusPC
Posted: 22 May, 2019 21:51
I've played through the game again but this time on the original (not the DX Hack version) to get all the Cheevos in Hardcore and noticed there are some score farming spots in the game and decided to record it so you can improve the Cheevos/Leaderboards etc.

First in the video is 4-1 where the 3 jumping ninjas spawn at once, if you position correctly then you can get the 3x score combo without doing anything, if you die you don't respawn to get another attempt (i passed this position when i run out of time and died). this place is perfect to get the .

Second is the last boss, if you have enough lives you can simply farm up to max score, i don't know if the score counter resets once it surpasses the 999999 or stays like this.

kcin2001
Posted: 27 May, 2019 21:13
Last Edit: 27 May, 2019 21:14
the fact that super mario land dx is linked should be added to the first post
crc32: 6862d7f8
md5: b45f850d25943a636d9999f90a2bbaa8

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4477/

stfN1337
Posted: 17 Jun, 2019 08:39
Last Edit: 17 Jun, 2019 08:39
I forget to post here that I edited condition for speedrun time and changed description as well after vote-review won.

1 cheevo has been edited by myself:
-

Reason:
We got many complaints that cheevo is hard. That's why we changed the time from 80 to 85. Only 5 seconds increased. Maybe that's the best chance.

Other cheevo has been fixed by myself:
-

Reason:
This cheevo won't work for DX hack ROM because it has other code for Y coordinate. So I fixed it and tested all 3 ROMs (original, Rev A and DX). They work perfect.

Blazekickn
Posted: 12 Jul, 2019 05:43
Last Edit: 12 Jul, 2019 11:05
Since pixel smoothing filters are hella gei and should be destroyed i decided im gonna prettify up the set with new, 2xSal-less badges based on the smldx color pallete. Here are a couple i made so far

While working on that i'd also like to add a few """new""" achievements. I say new but really i'm just updating a few existing ones

Collect 99 coins -> Collect 100 coins and earn an extra life

Complete x world without losing a life -> Complete x world without losing a life or taking damage

- since deathless is gonna probably be in bonus no point changing these

Reach 15 extra lives without dying -> Collect 15 Lives without dying

- Similar level of challenge but you don't get insta-fucked and have to reset if you die once.

Beat the game on Hard Mode without using a continue -> Beat the game on any difficulty without dying

- If you can beat the game without using a continue on normal, you can do it on hard. Hard, while harder, isn't that much harder so no real need to do it again. WIthout dying is probably against the coc but very much doable considering how short and easy the game is.

- too hot for ra

Oh and i'm gonna rescore the set ofc

Blazekickn
Posted: 12 Jul, 2019 06:46
Last Edit: 12 Jul, 2019 06:52
i think that's all of them

stfN1337
Posted: 14 Jul, 2019 15:44
Last Edit: 14 Jul, 2019 15:46
: Yeah you can change all badges. Only prettier colour badges. Re-score this set? I think you need to request . ;)

Blazekickn and me plan to add cheevos in SML bonus set.
Plan and Organize

Bonus set:

deng
Posted: 17 Jul, 2019 04:19
Last Edit: 17 Jul, 2019 04:21
Since most of the things i wanted to add are being moved to bonus ill remove main set from my reservations since there isnt much of a point having it take a slot. Im still working on bonus and i still plan to make new art and maybe change some code if its fine with stfn

Arts also going to not resemble dx as much as in the examples i posted. Main set is going to have art based on the base game while bonus has dx based art

Blazekickn
Posted: 17 Jul, 2019 05:03
Sorry forgot to log out of my alt deng is me
Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account