Pokemon - Red and Blue Versions
Posted: 24 Apr, 2020 22:46
Last Edit: 29 Apr, 2020 20:05
Official Topic Post for discussion about
Created 20 April, 2020 04:20 by
1. Pokemon - Red Version (USA, Europe) (SGB Enhanced).gb
RA Checksum: 3d45c1ee9abd5738df46d2bdda8b57dc
2. Pokemon - Blue Version (USA, Europe) (SGB Enhanced).gb
RA Checksum: 50927e843568814f7ed45ec4f944bd8b
- Fast Red Patch (same patch works on either game): Romhacking
3. Pokemon Fast Red.gb
RA Checksum: 3132056c8f17e4088b95e4264ca59575
4. Pokemon Fast Blue.gb
RA Checksum: cbfa8ac9c2181eeca72ae2c8e6019f88
- Color Patches: Romhacking
RA Checksum: e969d44cef7c07895663a7ff5f8a114d
RA Checksum: 979ba6ee9eddc36a22f1784e2508deee
RA Checksum: e889a133f8eab1573649f2a4ba3f9985
RA Checksum: bdc3ee3f2bc84ed8a786bda1e3f9819a
Posted: 24 Apr, 2020 22:47
Last Edit: 07 Oct, 2020 18:23
Starting a new file without deleting the old one first DOES NOT remove the check, you have to nuke it.
this is no longer true, you can use missingno.
Spoiler (Click to show):
- If you purchase Poke Balls before talking to Prof. Oak he will not give you the items. Must defeat the optional rival battle first.
- Once you leave the S.S. Anne after obtaining HM01 Cut you cannot come back without using glitches.
- If you have the Silph Scope in your inventory you can't get this. Either skip getting the Silph Scope until after or deposit it in the PC.
- If you collect an optional item and then leave you can't get it again. HM03 Surf and the Gold Teeth do not count towards this.
- If you have defeated more than one trainer in Silph Co. you cannot get this. Do this achievement first before going for Hostage Situation.
- All the trainers dissapear once you defeat Giovanni and you can't fight them anymore. Items and Doors are not missable.
- You can't fight all the trainers and then do this afterwards, the quiz must be the thing that opens the gates. Do this achievement first before going for Fire Fighter.
- Don't enter battles without having Set Mode turned on.
- Don't Press A while the item menu is up in battle (I would have used a better check but i had trouble finding one).
- If you go above the cap, even during battle, the achievement will not work. This counts for Smogon and Prof. Perfect as well. It is recommended to start a few levels under the cap.
- Checks your whole party not just the pokemon you use in battle.
- Only missable because if you faint them they don't respawn. Just don't be a dumb and save before the fight.
- Missable because legendaries are missable. Also if you trade in any Pokemon you aren't supposed to get on that version (Trade evos, other versions exclusives, and mew) the achievement won't pop.
Posted: 24 Apr, 2020 22:49
Last Edit: 24 Apr, 2020 23:59
Asked admins to swap the old forum topic for this one so i can manage the first few posts, here's a link to the old Red and Blue forums if anyone cares
Set should be out within a week, i'm about 6 achievements away from finishing the code for the achievements so all i have left to do is to make badges.
Posted: 29 Apr, 2020 18:39
revision is out. decided to release the set early but new badges by
Posted: 29 Apr, 2020 19:03
Fuck merge. Separate or riot. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Posted: 29 Apr, 2020 21:42
I picked the worst possible time to play Pokemon Blue getting halfway through and just jacked from my progress and cheevos lmao. Gonna play it a later date I guess, I got burned.
Posted: 29 Apr, 2020 21:57
i just had a report of an achievement not working in gambatte but working on other cores and ravba fine, i guess use gearboy untill i figure out the problem.
Posted: 30 Apr, 2020 00:25
Last Edit: 30 Apr, 2020 06:15
jacobsclub72 it's not worse than me, who mastered Blue literally the night before the merge happened lmao. At least I now have an exclusive gray badge on my profile LUL.
Posted: 30 Apr, 2020 02:13
Last Edit: 30 Apr, 2020 08:44
I can't get the new cheevos to work no matter what I do. I tried gambette, gearboy, sameboy, mgba all in retroarch. I never caught a mew or missingno. I nuked my save data and still nothing. I also tried retroarch on my desktop and on my nvidia shield. First four cheevos never trigger (free potion, town map, pokedex and 5 pokeballs from oak).
edit: Got it working after removing save and then using gearboy. Other cores don't seem to work.
Posted: 30 Apr, 2020 04:58
Last Edit: 30 Apr, 2020 22:55
Updating a set is one thing, but outright removing Blue to merge sets was a slap in the face to everyone who took the time and effort to getting all the achievements. While many updates were added, many remain the same, so there was absolutely no reason to make Blue players start all over.
Until Red and Blue get unmerged, I won't be playing any sets with Blazekickn's name on it, and others should do the same.
Posted: 30 Apr, 2020 05:06
If you read the old Red form, Blazekickn didn't ask for anyone else's opinion before deciding to merge the set, and in fact, there was a consenting voice. RA has no code of ethics systems in place to prevent developers from ruining sets, and the RA community routinely silences people who take issues with updated sets. Pokemon Blue has likely been the worst casualty of this to date.
Posted: 30 Apr, 2020 06:52
just play the game again bro
Posted: 30 Apr, 2020 06:54
Yeah bro you can just master it in 5 hours
Posted: 30 Apr, 2020 07:03
Blazekickn didn't ask for anyone else's opinion before deciding to merge the set
Dude, the revision was proposed since almost a month ago what are you even talking about?
Spoiler (Click to show):
Posted: 30 Apr, 2020 07:07
Last Edit: 30 Apr, 2020 07:09
Hey guys! Are you upset about Blaze ruining your favorite franchise? Don't worry, your favorite dev, VoiceOfAutumn, is here to give you your fix!
Want a set that's still free points but won't get revisioned? Here is the amazing Telefang: https://retroachievements.org/game/15932
Afraid it'll get merged in 5 years and you won't have it mastered by then even tho you can up gamespeed by 9000%? Don't worry! I still got your back!
Robopon is a good replacement for you. With no other versions being translated, and noone caring about it enough to pick it up, these sets will NEVER get merged! Pick it up here: https://retroachievements.org/game/6337
Are you done with the GBC franchise, but still want the mons? Robopon 2 will be right up your alley: https://retroachievements.org/game/8398
login to RetroAchievements:
or create a new account
or create a new account