login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 

Achievement of the Week #25

AuthorMessage

StingX2
Posted: 05 Aug, 2014 13:17
Last Edit: 13 Aug, 2014 00:34
Each week a new achievement will be chosen. Some weeks we will do achievements on obscure underplayed games and other weeks the challenge will be the hardest in that game's entire set.

If you can get the achievement you win 1 point towards the just for fun leaderboard, 2 for earning it on hardcore! (You Also must earn it in this week to get the point)

Scott: "Can I add - if you already have this achievement and want to enter the competition, please visit your settings page (www.retroachievements.org/controlpanel.php) and remove the achievement from your account first. You will find the option to remove individual achievements from your account under "reset game progress", first pick the game (Darking Duck/Final Fantasy III), then the achievement (I Am Darkwing Duck/N.o...e.s.c.a.p.e...! '). This will allow you to re-earn the achievement this week! Good luck all!"

This Week's Achievement:I Am Darkwing Duck by rdannylor2

AND OUR MONTH LONGER, YOU HAVE UNTIL August 19th

N.o...e.s.c.a.p.e...! by Cirellio

Current Leaderboard
The Super 10
1.RyanRJ: 46
1.STHX: 46
3.popoki: 36
4.Philintheblanks: 26
5.msdmario: 25
6.Fluttershy: 22
7.dude1286: 20
8.scootaloo: 19
9.cirellio: 16
9.MK2k: 16

leewor: 15
UNHchabo: 12
mach1920: 12
SexyChazz: 10
yoyo: 8
Squat: 8
tuteur51: 8
jackolantern: 6
blackzwolf: 6
sebax: 6
Coczero: 6
rdannylor: 6
mickeyt: 6
MeCKooLL: 6
TrainerAbu: 5
AxelNL: 4
Mctavish: 4
Rhadamanthys: 4
darkluigi3000: 4
zikenec: 4
Sef: 4
Desudesu: 4
Scott: 2
Astrophil: 2
rubixcube: 2
Fernandes: 2
JonnyRetro: 2
StingX2: 2
Gaians: 2
denine: 2
xxkcspaldinxx: 2
huku117: 2
RobertChrystian: 2
Wolferhu: 2
Philou: 2
Xkcspaladin: 2
Seijin: 2
Zato: 2
Hayu64: 2
Hien: 2
Henygan: 2

#1 Kirby Victors: Philintheblanks, rdannylor, Mctavish, Astrophil, SexyChazz, Rhadamanthys, AxelNL, rubixcube, Fernandes, STHX, dude1286, RyanRJ, popoki, JonnyRetro, TrainerAbu, jackolantern, Coczero, Scott

#2 Ducktales Victors: Philintheblanks, AxelNL, Mctavish, SexyChazz, RyanRJ, popoki, Rhadamanthys, Coczero, dude1286, STHX, rdannylor, yoyo, TrainerAbu, cirellio, Fluttershy,

#3 Mickey Victors: Philintheblanks, RyanRJ, STHX, SexyChazz, dude1286, popoki, MK2K, cirellio, fluttershy, yoyo, TrainerAbu (normal)

#4 Star Fox: cirellio, yoyo, RyanRJ, STHX, jackolantern, dude1286, Philinthebanks, UNHchabo, Sexychazz, popoki

#5 Metroid 2: yoyo, Philinthebanks, StingX2, dude1286, RyanRJ, STHX, popoki, fluttershy, msdmario, sexychazz, unchabo, cirellio

#6 Fantasy Zone: Fluttershy, popoki, StingX2 (normal), philinthebanks, dude1286, STHX, msdmario (normal), Gaians, Cirellio, RyanRJ

#7 Mega Man X: denine, Philinthebanks, RyanRJ, Popoki, dude1286, STHX, Fluttershy, cirellio, msdmario (normal)

#8 Revolution X: Philinthebanks, STHX, dude1286, popoki, RyanRJ

#9 Valis: mickeyt, ryanrj, dude1286, scootaloo, popoki, fluttershy, sebax, sthx, philinthebanks, msdmario, jackolantern, blackzwolf,

#10 Sonic 1: MK2k, Blackzwolf, msdmario, popoki, fluttershy, philinthebanks, sthx, ryanrj

#11 Mario 1: Blackzwolf, Sebax, fluttershy, scootaloo, ryanrj, popoki, unhchabo, msdmario, sthx, mk2k, philintheblanks, darkluigi3000

#12 Power Blade: RyanRJ, STHX, PhilintheBlanks, popoki

#13 Mr Nutz: RyanRJ, STHX, scootaloo

#14 Naruto Ninja Council 1: msdmario, ryanrj, sthx, scootaloo, xxkcspaldinxx

#15 Buster Busts Loose: RyanRJ, STHX, msdmario (normal)

#16 Ninja Gaiden: Ryanrj, scootaloo (normal)

#17 Super mARIO Land: coczero, darkluigi3000, leewor, zikenec, sthx, scootaloo, ryanrj, HUKU117, RobertChrystian, msdmario

#18 Sonic 2: Zikenec, Leewor, msdmario, fluttershy, mk2k, sthx, ryanrj

#19 Kid Chameleon: STHX, Leewor, Mk2k

#20 Pilotwings: UNHchabo, mach1920, Leewor

#21 Addams Family: MK2K, mach1920, Wolferu, Squat

#22 DKC: Leewor, Philou, xkcspaladin, UNHchabo, Desudesu, Squat, tuteur51, mach1920, msdmario, popoki, Seijin, STHX, zato, RyanRJ, Sef

#23 Adventure Island: tutuer51, rdannylor2, mach1920, Scootaloo, msdmario, STHX, Desudesu, Squat, MeCKOOLL, Sef, Hayu64, MK2K, popoki, RyanRJ, Leewor (normal)

#24 Altered Beast: MK2k, Tuteur51, Leewor, Mach1920, Squat, Mickyt888, Hien, popoki, MeCKooLL

#25 Darkwing Duck: Scootaloo, Henygan, tuteur51, popoki
-----
Long 2 Weekers/Monthers
#1 Oracle of Ages: scootaloo, dude1286, sebax, msdmario, fluttershy, philinthebanks, sthx, ryanrj, popoki

#2 Chrono Trigger : Fluttershy, cirellio, popoki, STHX, RyanRJ

#3 Mario RPG: mickeyt, leewor, ryanrj, unchabo, msdmario, sthx

#4: MMBN1: Scootaloo, mach1920, MeCKooLL

#5: FF3:

Scootaloo
Posted: 06 Aug, 2014 10:26
Last Edit: 06 Aug, 2014 12:21
For everybody that want to achieve ,if you enter the minigame and if you fall down,then it counts it as if you have actually died in game,so beware!
I'll try it later,i've done it today 2 times already ;/

EDIT: I've achieved .

popoki
Posted: 06 Aug, 2014 15:59
A small tip I'd give for Darkwing Duck (if you use a gamepad) is to go into the input settings and change the Up key to your gamepad's "L" button; that way he'll only guard with his cape when you really want him to (I default to L a la Kirby Superstar and then, especially, Smash Bros. getting me used to that); otherwise I found him doing so accidentally all the dang time, especially when jumping, which keeps him from being able to shoot! The game's Up reading seems to be sensitive; I never found myself accidentally using any sub-weapons instead of whipping in the air on Castlevania on the same emulator using the same gamepad, for example.

Rdannylor2
Posted: 06 Aug, 2014 19:23
Last Edit: 06 Aug, 2014 20:03
Thank you Scootaloo, I have updated it and it seems to be working correctly. No longer resets if you fall in the minigame. I tested it in The Bridge, Sewers, City and Forest stage minigame.

Scott
Posted: 07 Aug, 2014 12:27
Nice work , much appreciated and very quickly handled :)

How long is Darkwing Duck from beginning to end?

tuteur51
Posted: 07 Aug, 2014 21:25
Last Edit: 07 Aug, 2014 21:26
Got on hardcore!!!!! It was hard :)

popoki
Posted: 09 Aug, 2014 15:34
Last Edit: 09 Aug, 2014 16:04
*PHEW* that was an EXTREMELY hard aotw.......

Got on hardcore. I lost a life at the last boss yesterday... tried again today, (on my like 5th run of the morning) got to the last boss again and cleared the hardest part at the beginning of the fight, and knew I was home free... but my jump button screwed up and I almost lost it even WITH the health pack in the room... truly a crazy aotw.

MK2k
Posted: 13 Aug, 2014 09:29
congrats to anyone getting the Darkwing Duck one, I gave up on it :P

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account