Forgot password?
login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 

Zelda NES Not Saving

AuthorMessage

Posted: 18 Feb, 2020 01:46
>Title<

The game doesn't appear to be saving under any conditions. HC or Not, if I close the rom, when I come back my saves won't be there.. I tried to run it as admin. That didn't work. I assigned directories, and chose resume old play session. None of these things have worked.. Anybody else had this problem?

Posted: 18 Feb, 2020 17:58
Which emulator are you using?

Posted: 26 Feb, 2020 01:43
RANes

Posted: 26 Feb, 2020 02:00
Are you using the actual save command in-game? Zelda 1 only lets you save after death (or with a second controller combo).

Posted: 26 Feb, 2020 08:11
I've tried both of those ways as well as resume rom from shutdown, or whatever it's called. Then I tried all of that on a separate computer. Frankly I've probably tried a few other ways as well..

Shit, well, it's occuring to me now that I haven't tried a different zelda rom, but I thought this was the one that I had used before that had worked just fine.. I dunno.. Maybe I'll try that next..

Posted: 26 Feb, 2020 08:42
Last Edit: 26 Feb, 2020 08:42
It seems that the rom might not be at fault here. Recently I played Ys 3 and just like in your case with Zelda, RANes did not write saves in any folder after I closed emulator. Like on some pirated cartridges: saves only exist until you turn off the system.

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account