Page: < 1 2 3
AuthorMessage

kdecks
Posted: 07 Apr, 2017 18:29
Last Edit: 13 Apr, 2017 21:39
New Game Modes Available

Link the Legend -- Highest Difficulty, most competitive
  Name your hero Legend to begin.
  Points for all kinds of item collection, bottle contents, boss fights, maps/compass/big key, some events.
  Game mode ends upon taking ANY damage, no saving allowed.
  To Restart create a new character, YOLO.
  Upon victory, wait until ending credits, game will auto-submit score.

Master Link -- High Difficulty, highly competitive
  Name your hero Master to begin.
  Points for most kinds of item collection, bottle contents, boss fights, maps/compass/big key, some events, remaining hearts.
  Point Penalties for protective items: Cane of Byrna, Magic Cape, Heart pieces (yes, most are mandatory), armor. Getting ANY bottles with give you a heavy flat penalty, which CAN be eventually mitigated if you are holding the right contents. (risky)
  Game mode ends upon death/victory, YOLO; no saving allowed. Submission is manual, due to coding limitations. The game will let you know when to submit your score. (L+R+select)
  To restart create a new character.

Revali Champion Quest -- Normal Difficulty, slightly competitive
  Name your hero Revali to begin.
  Points for all kinds of item collection, bottle contents, boss fights, maps/compass/big key, some events, remaining hearts.
  Saving/continuing allowed. Upon death or saving you will get a points penalty per death/save.
  Score submission is automatic at game victory.

The Hylian Journey -- Easy, barely competitive
  Name your hero Hylian to begin.
  Points for all kinds of item collection, bottle contents, boss fights, maps/compass/big key, some events, remaining hearts.
  Saving/continuing allowed. No penalty.
  A good practice mode to figure out the point system.

Hoy, Small Fry! -- Minimalist Challenge Mode, moderately competitive
  Name your hero SmlFry to begin.
  Points are gained for all kinds of item collection, bottle contents, boss fights, maps/compass/big key, some events, remaining hearts.
  Points are bad. The lower your score on game victory the better.
  Saving/continuing allowed. No penalties for death.

Note: yes I know that game breaking/sequence breaking glitches exist. These challenges were designed to not use them, please respect the game.

If you do find any bugs or have any questions on now these game modes work send me, , a pm or talk to me in chat if I'm around.

Work in progress: one more surprise game mode, that's similar but much different than these! Stay tuned.

Special Thanks to for helping me with some initial planning.

kdecks
Posted: 07 Apr, 2017 18:58
Last Edit: 10 Apr, 2017 07:25
I've also made some minor changes to the set, namely updating and expanding rich presence and adding a new game badge.

here's the old one for archiving:
Problems: nothing much, though I do find the white a bit too bright. I went for in game art that captured a pivotal scene in the game.

I've made a new badge and hope everyone feels it suits the game well. Feedback appreciated.

a variation without medallions.

shows more, but less suitable as the subject would be much smaller

----------------------------
Edit: Made some new attempts, the previous were too dark and too green.

Edit 2:Another set of attempts, similar to what I did with Legend of Zelda (nes) with lettering

I made a few other honorable mention attempts, which I re-used for other things:

Salsa
Posted: 07 Apr, 2017 19:50
That's so cool, and pretty much the most advanced leaderboard code on the site. These challenges sounds really fun, especially for LttP fans. I'm saying this although I still don't like execution of the script in current form completely.

kdecks
Posted: 07 Apr, 2017 22:11
Last Edit: 10 Apr, 2017 06:38
Previously rich presence displayed the number of hearts, pendants collected and crystals collected/maidens saved.

Now rich presence shows victory state, if in the intro, if paused, the players hero name, if in light or dark wold, which dungeon or if they are in the Overworld, total hearts collected, player's remaining hearts, number of dungeons completed, how many times they have recently killed an enemy, how many times they have recently hurt an enemy, and how many total death/saves on current file.

Delmaru
Posted: 07 Apr, 2017 23:02
i like the second one the most. That one is my favorite, and the pendents arent too close.

kdecks
Posted: 07 Apr, 2017 23:26
I got rid of that 3rd one.. yeah it was ugly

matheus2653
Posted: 08 Apr, 2017 01:38
Last Edit: 08 Apr, 2017 01:52
You did a great job with the icons, they look pretty good.

Protoblubb
Posted: 15 Apr, 2017 11:02
Last Edit: 15 Apr, 2017 11:02
On Master, pausing the game with Select already seems to cancel the attempt, not only if saving and exiting.

kdecks
Posted: 15 Apr, 2017 15:51
it shouldn't work like that. What happens is the game will post some popups reminding the player to submit. Master requires manual submission and that can any time holding R+L+Select. Let me know if you have any issue with this I want it to work perfectly.

Protoblubb
Posted: 15 Apr, 2017 17:44
For me it afterwards said "Leaderboard attempt cancelled". Is it because I submitted the score?
Page: < 1 2 3

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account